Sunday, September 1, 2013

CSA - Week 4

Our week 4 CSA basket was delivered on June 26th.  This was the first week to include beets!  I LOVE beets!

This week we received the following:
Rallo inspecting our week 4 basket.

Swiss Chard - $3.69
Beets - $3.99
Spring Onions - $1.49
Variety of Squash - $5.07
Blueberries - $4.99
Garlic Scape - $1
Cilantro plant - $3.99

Total value of this basket - $24.22
Running total - $79.82



One evening, we made a delicious grilled salmon and had it with the beets (grilled with a little butter, salt, and pepper inside of foil) and the Swiss chard (sauteed in coconut oil with some spring onions and the garlic scape).  I also had a small salad with the remaining variety of greens from week 3.  Dinner was great!  I ate the blueberries for breakfast one day (berries don't last long in our house!).  I made a quick saute of squash and onions with some s&p and garlic (yum!).  We planted the cilantro plant and it looked good for about 3 days... then died.  I kill all herbs.  I don't know why I'm not good at growing herbs.  I keep trying but maybe I should give up? 

No comments:

Post a Comment