After I posted this picture on Facebook, I got a few requests for the recipe. Here it is:
Grain-Free Jalapeno Poppers1 block cultured cream cheese, softened
1/2 C sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (preferable made with raw milk from grass-fed cows)
5 slices bacon, fried crisp then crumbled
Dash of black pepper
Dash of cumin
Dash (or two) of cayenne pepper
8 jalapenos, sliced in half with seeds removed (unless you like it spicy!)
Almond flour seasoned with salt and pepper
Tallow for frying
- Mix the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, and spices.
- Spoon the mixture into the jalapeno halves.
- Freeze the cream cheese mixture inside of the jalapenos for 10-15 minutes. This will keep the cheese mixture from melting while frying.
- While the peppers are in the freezer, heat your tallow to approximately 375°. Place the egg in a shallow, flat dish and beat it. Put the almond flour, salt, and pepper in a separate dish.
- Remove the peppers from the freezer.
- Dip the peppers in the egg then the almond flour. Add to your hot tallow immediately.
- Fry for 2-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Work in small batches and give your tallow a few seconds between batches to re-heat.
- Let cool on a towel and then ENJOY!