Easy Weeknight DinnersI am always searching for easy, nutritious weeknight dinners. We've found a set of two back-to-back dinners that we love - Blackened Chicken with Avocado Cream and Ginger Lime Chicken Bites both served with riced cauliflower.
I will buy 4 chicken breasts from The Organic Butcher and use two for each meal. On the first night, I will prepare the riced cauliflower (recipe below). Both the blackened chicken and ginger lime chicken bites are quick and easy so it's a toss up of which to prepare the first night.
Riced Cauliflower1 head of cauliflower
2 Tbsp coconut oil
S&P to taste
Dash garlic (fresh chopped, garlic powder, or garlic salt)
1 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- Chop the cauliflower into a food processor and pulse until the pieces are the size of couscous to rice
- Place the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add all remaining ingredients to the hot skillet and cook for about 4 minutes
Blackened ChickenI was inspired by the Blackened Chicken recipe from Sarcastic Cooking. It takes about 15 minutes from start to finish. I have changed up a few things. Here's how I make it:
2 chicken breasts
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp cumin
2 tsp of oil to fry (coconut oil, butter, or lard)
- Mix all seasonings and rub onto chicken
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat
- Add chicken breasts and cook approximately 5 minutes on each side covered
For the Avocado Cream, mix 1/2 an avocado with 1 tbsp of full fat plain yogurt.
I like to serve slices of chicken on top of the riced cauliflower topped with the avocado cream. Delish!