Sunday, August 25, 2013

CSA - Week 3

Our week 3 basket was delivered on June 19th.  This basket was great!  We received:

Swiss Chard - $3.69
Spring Onions - $1.49
Garlic Scapes - $1
Sweet Cherries - $3.50
Variety of Greens - $3
Dulles Golf Center coupon for B1G1 bucket of balls - $8

Total value for this week: $20.68
Running total: $55.60

For dinner one evening, I made a tasty Swiss Chard saute and Apple & Bacon Stuffed Pork Chops from Beyond Bacon.

Swiss Chard Sauteing




Washed Swiss Chard
I sauteed the Swiss Chard in a bit of coconut oil with cranberries, pumpkin seeds, a garlic scape, and a splash of pomegranate balsamic vinegar (purchased from Ah Love Oil & Vinegar - awesome store!).

I purchased some pork chops from the Organic Butcher of McLean and pocketed them myself.  Then followed the recipe in Beyond Bacon.



Happy chops in the pot


The end result!

The chops were so tasty!  I took leftovers to work the next day and my coworkers were drooling!


Yum!
















No comments:

Post a Comment