Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Strawberry Avocado Kale Salad with Bacon Kombucha Vinaigrette

Sounds tasty, right?  I found a recipe for Strawberry Avocado Kale Salad with Bacon Poppyseed Dressing from a blog called Laruen's Latest via Pinterest and said "holy moly, I have to make this!"  But, of course, I can never follow a recipe.  Besides, I didn't have any poppy seeds, nor did I have white vinegar, and I don't eat sugar.  So, here's how I made the salad:


Place as much kale, as many strawberries, avocado chunks, and pecans on a plate (or in a bowl) as desired.  Top with Bacon Kombucha Vinaigrette.  Serve and enjoy!

Bacon Kombucha Vinaigrette


½ c homemade mayonnaise (I use the recipe from Nourishing Traditions – you can also find it here)
1 T over-fermented kombucha
1 T grade B maple syrup*
4 strips crispy bacon, crumbled
S & P to taste

Whisk the mayonnaise, kombucha, and syrup together.  Add crumbled bacon.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Best served while the bacon is still warm.

This was enough dressing for 2-3 lunch sized salad portions.

*This makes a fairly sweet dressing.  If sweet dressings aren't your thing, cut back on the amount of syrup.


No comments:

Post a Comment